Monday, March 9, 2015

This Week's Favourite Things! Monday March 2nd to Sunday March 8th 2015

1.  Tri City Villains - finally got to see Halifax's hottest new original rock band at Oasis Pub in Halifax on Saturday.  I know a member through family and love their awesome debut cd.  They definitely have star power and are great to see live.  Here's one of their awesome songs, "Rock City Love".

2.  Inter-species cooperation.  I'm still digging our bird feeder set up, especially with this harsh winter.  It's become a popular place for local songbirds and squirrels.  The other day while filling the feeders I noticed this big hairy woodpecker (Hairy Woodpecker is a species of woodpecker) come up to the lantern feeder when I was just a few feet away, and start shoveling seeds onto the ground, using his/her beak as a scoop and flicking his/her head back and forth such that the black oiled sunflower seeds were raining down.  I thought this bird was just being rude until later I saw some ducks headed to forage under the feeders, and I've seen as many as 22 mourning doves under the feeders.  Aha, now I suspect the woodpecker was actually feeding the other birds.  Today I saw the same woodpecker hanging out with some of the doves, so I suspect they're in cahoots.   How cool is that, I thought, inter-species cooperation! So unique! Until I realized that I'm a human feeding several bird species, so maybe it's not such an original idea.  Here's an article with other examples of animals helping other animals.

3.  This Infinite Waters Video on the Four Levels of Consciousness.  According to this, the four progressive stages of conscious evolution are Drone, Artist, Alchemist, and finally Wizard or Magician.  Cool.  This makes sense with what I found on my own journey.  I trashed my career as a scientist working Drone in 2005 to become an artist, and lately I've gotten very interested in Alchemy.  Being a Wizard or Magician would be even better.  Especially if it meant I could shoot bolts of energy out of my palms like Aaron Bruno does in this Awolnation video.  I'd say I've worked with some wizard-like people on large community art projects I've worked on, and maybe Wizardry is something that appeals to people more than they think.  Maybe this is why the Harry Potter books were so popular.  Perhaps JK Rowlings is actually a wizard herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment