Monday, June 15, 2015

This Week's Favourite Things! June 8th - June 14, 2015

1.  The garden!  Lupines are blooming, there are more raspberries, rhubarb and herbs.   Been busy planting transplants and seeds, ate my first haskap berry.  When I find my camera I'll take some pics to show my mom (Happy Birthday mom!).

2. This was a great story in the Chronicle Herald by Aaron Beswick:  Instead of Moving to Find Work, Advocate Harbour Creates It's Own.  Up with small town living! Such a refreshing change from other doom and gloom stories about the demise of rural Nova Scotia.

3.  This is a really nice Herald article by Elissa Barnard about Laurie Swim's 10th anniversary show of fine art quilts at her space in Lunenburg, on until July 12th, sounds like an awesome show.  Swim Creates the Fabric Of Life

4.  Been working on manifesting a few (top secret) things and really enjoyed this blog post by Enoch Tan:  Higher Feelings Manifest Your Desires Faster

5.  Still slowly finishing off a few bowls gearing up to do a firing soon I hope, and I got into watching Ross Rosenberg youtube videos.  He's a therapist who is a recovering codependent and has some awesome videos aimed at helping others recover, as well as explaining how us codependents end up glued to narcissists. He calls it the human magnet syndrome.   I might have listed this concept and his videos before.  This totally explains various relationships  I've had with every type of narcissist and it's nice to hear that codependency is curable.  Things I wish I knew 25 years ago, oh well.  Healing.

Codependency & Loneliness: Why Codependents Stay with Narcissists
Malignant Narcissists Are Dangerous
Deep Into the Minds of Narcissists and Sociopaths 
Covert Narcissism: The Wolf in Sheep's Clothing  These are maybe the worst sort, the ones that pretend to be downtrodden martyrs...

 6.  The above links led to me checking out this one by Lisa Romano, another recovering codependent.  I loved this video, watching it felt like having coffee with a smart friend.  I've totally been sucked in by that "I know what you're thinking" line at the beginning of a pitch.   It cost me a lot of money and years of my life once!  lol never again!
Narcissists Emotionally Abusive Phrases To Watch Out For Dear Ones

7.  This quote by Albert Einstein.

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”




 


No comments:

Post a Comment