Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Kevin O'Leary Christmas Tree Heads

Christmas Day is a week tomorrow!  So I figured it was time to finally post some photos of these Kevin O'Leary Christmas Tree Heads that I took in early November.

I sculpted these "Mr Wonderful" ornaments back in 2012, while binge watching Shark Tank on You tube, but somehow never got around to seeing how these looked hanging in a tree. 

Here are the 10 I had left, laid out on the lawn:



They were each handsculpted, so  some look more like him than others! 

A Hawthorn Bush that still had some red berries on it seemed like a great place to hang them - the branches have spiky thorns to match Kevin's prickly television persona. 



Something about seeing these heads floating in the midst of a November shrub cracks me up.





As an aside, our place is relatively near the Haskap berry farms run by the guy who pitched his industry on Dragons' Den in 2013, to be told by Kevin "no one's ever gonna know what the [haskap berry] is, even after you're dead".   Here's a youtube clip of that.  

What a berry-grinch Kevin is!  People are planting these things all over the place in our area.  We have some in our own garden, the berries are delicious.   And Haskapa now even has opened their own storefront in Mahone Bay. 



An example of the back of one of the ornaments - they're all hollowed out.  These were made before I started using ornament hooks for pottery, as in this year's ornaments

 These next pics have been posted before, but these are the ones that I took to my two venues last month:

These three heads went to The Dart Gallery in Dartmouth

And these two went to Jenny Jib in Lunenburg

I'm not sure what price I put on the Kevin O'Leary heads, but I think the largest one was $45, and the smallest $35.

For 2016 I'm excited to try making some Celebrity Head Planters!

No comments:

Post a Comment