Wednesday, January 6, 2016

This Week's Favourite Things! Monday December 28th 2015 - Sunday January 3rd 2016

1. Nature Clean all purpose cleaning lotion. Cleaning in the New Year reminded me how great this stuff is, it's Canadian, coconut based with 98.5% natural ingredients. according to the website it's even good for washing pesticides off of produce, though I haven't tried it for that.  I got it at the Bridgewater Superstore but it's available at various stores in Canada and the States.  

2. This interview with Dr. Isabella Wentz on Healing the Root Causes of Thyroid Disease, on the Chris Beat Cancer youtube channel.

3. Saturnalia.  On the list because it's something I'd never heard of before: an ancient Roman festival in December to honour Saturn, Dec 17 - 23.  It's also the name of the annual Christmas show at the Slate Gallery in Regina.  

4.  Some new "conspiracy theories", to me at least, I never really looked into whether the moon landings were faked before but maybe they were.  Here are a couple youtube videos. The true history and purpose of Nasa,  and  Nasa Insider "We lied about everything". 

5.  A new healthy treat recipe - somewhere at some point I saw a recipe for 'salted caramel oatmeal fudge' that I can't find now, but I altered it anyhow by combining with a date energy ball recipe and ended up making some good bars out of: melted coconut oil, ground walnuts, ground pumpkin seeds, ground coconut, pitted chopped medjool dates, cinnamon, cocoa powder, a bit of honey, and a bunch of raw large flake oatmeal.  mixed it all together and pressed into a pan, cut into squares and chilled in the freezer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment