Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Murder At The Dart ! Works in progress

I've been working away on some new stoneware crow pieces to go with a show of Lee Cripps' fabulous crow and raven work.  It opens Thursday July 14th at The Dart Gallery, 7 - 9pm.  





Hopefully this firing goes well, as I'll be putting all my crows in one kiln load!  The joy and challenge of working in clay is not being sure how things will turn out until one unloads the kiln.  The last big crow bowl I made blew up so here's hoping this one will have dried completely.   Here's  a first progress pic, I'll be adding some others soon:



As well as new figurines and wall hanging crows, I'm excited to be trying a few new things in this batch of work.    If you haven't checked out The Dart lately they now have a tantalizing cafe/bar with creative delicious concoctions by Picnic at Dart, under the direction of chef Allan McPherson.  Check out the gallery's twitter feed or facebook page to see what's cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment