Sunday, December 17, 2017

Kiln Unloading, 2017!

Howdy! Over the weekend of Dec 9/10, I fired off a bunch of new stoneware pieces.  

Here are a few favourite pics from the firing, with three additional posts to be posted in the next couple of days: one each for Jenny Jib, Dart Gallery and I am very excited to announce that Made in the Maritimes Artisan Boutique will be carrying my work.  In the new year I'll also have new work at the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia shop

First up, for Made in the Maritimes, four Blanding's turtles:




 And four larger sculptures, a skunk and rabbit holding flowers, the peace pig and a sheep:


These are eight of many sculptures dropped off at Made in the Maritimes last week, mostly smaller figurines, with more photos to come.

We had a dusting of snow on Thursday which made for some fun wintry photos of pieces that went to Jenny Jib in Lunenburg.  Here are a few pics:

Flying eagle hanging on a tree:




A "large" fox sculpture.  In 2018 I resolve to start including measurements on this blog:


 

There were more pieces, including plates, a few ornaments, figurines and some "one of a kind" stoneware pendants and brooches - a first for my art practice.  I took an assortment of each to both Jenny Jib and Dart Gallery.  Here are a few pics from the pieces at Jenny's. 

 Brooches:



Thanks to Sharon of the Potters Guild exec for the brooch pins and tutorial this summer.  The pin backs are glued with E-6000 glue, which is supposed to be very strong.  I've been testing a flower brooch on my coat and so far so good.

And a pic of a few of the pendants which are at Jenny Jib.  Two Christmas trees and a lobster, more pics to come in a separate blog post.






These pendants have their 'findings' built into the piece, as inspired by Clairvoyant Art Glass pendants from New Brunswick which I like very much and have been wearing for years.  Like theirs, my pendants are also on adjustable leather cord, finished with two sliding knots.  I left bits hanging out so the knots don't unravel but if they do, where I'm new to this, here's a very short youtube tutorial on how to retie them.


Meanwhile for Dart Gallery here is a group shot of an assortment sculptures and two bowls:




A close up of the elephant figurine and bowl, trunks raised upwards for good luck, ready to shower good fortune on all who walk past:


And some of the hand-sculpted stoneware pendants on adjustable leather cords which I took to Dart.    There are some brooches as well, more pics to come in another post!










No comments:

Post a Comment