Monday, April 9, 2012

Don't Give Up!

 I've been preoccupied with gardening lately, still inspired by my visit and conversations with Helen Opie... the thought of producing food is exciting and I've found some great youtube videos about 'forest gardening' to watch.  Lots to think about.  I've also been researching the best way to set up fruit trees and to keep deer from eating them.  In other news, we built a compost box out of four pallets, I've got my worm compost bin going, and we now have a roll of black/white silage plastic to lay out over the field, but then it snowed.

Back to art, I got this idea awhile ago to combine 'art cards' with popular cartoon greeting cards.  I've made a few paintings with the idea to use them as backdrops for art greeting cards.  Here's my first ever art card, the painting is named 'encouraging squirrels'.  I photographed it and then added captions with power point.   I like the thought of combining paintings and captions to come up with greetings that are a bit less ordinary, but perhaps necessary...


No comments:

Post a Comment