Thursday, April 26, 2012

Drawings - ho

So still can't find my camera cable, but I was gallery sitting at Swoon, and Rae Smith pointed out I could just put the memory card right into my laptop.  ah.  maybe by committing to blogging my drawings I'll draw more often, it'll be fun to look back over months (years?) of sketches, and (hopefully) notice an improvement.

here are the drawings I did, sitting out by the pond, on April 19th





Here's one from did today of a pine branch.  I love all the trees around here.  I love the big birches back in the woods with their peeling bark, pines, maples, everything.  all the birds are good too.  and even the beavers that are munching their way all around the pond, leaving piles of fallen trees stripped of bark.  I learned today that they don't eat fish, as I suspected, wondering why there has been no bites yet from anything other than a minnow out there.




Drawing the pine was fun, inside on the couch.  With so many things I should be doing it's nice to be forced into doing just one thing; I think a benefit of art is that it allows the viewer and the maker that space to be present, to be still, if even for a fleeting moment.  maybe that's something art and nature-watching have in common.

It occurred to me today that I've used moving-chaos as an excuse to completely stop making art altogether. It'll take awhile to figure out a ceramics studio but meanwhile I'd like to get a start on a few papier mache animals, I'm thinking life-sized puppies.  I've been thinking it'd be fun to get a real puppy but a papier mache one would be much lower maintenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment