Sunday, July 15, 2012

What If Michelangelo Was A Telemarketer: my first book "proof"

This past friday I picked up the proof of "What If Michelangelo Was A Telemarketer" from Kwik Kopy.  I'm so excited!!  It just needs a few minor edits here and there, but by early next week I hope to have my first batch of printed copies ready for sale.  Jean Langley at Kwik Kopy Halifax is doing an awesome job of laying it out, anyone looking to self publish a 'chap book' style book should definitely check them out.  Altogether the book is 58 pages, so 14 sheets of paper and one sheet of glossy paper folded and stapled which is right near the limit of what their booklet maker is comfortable with.  Good to know, as I have rough drafts in my head for a few more similar rhyming illustrated storybooks already.

The book launch will be Saturday August 4th, 2 - 5pm at Swoon - Fine Art, Antiques & Fashion.  This should be a jolly party since it'll be right during the opening reception for Swoon's August shows.  I'll have copies of the book available for $10 each, an ebook version (.pdf) will be coming soon to gumroad.com for $5.

I decided to go with colour for the book covers, here they are:

front cover
back cover

I did a pile of research into "colour pychology" and bright yellow seemed to be the best fit for the cover colour.  "Dubious Press" is the brainchild of my writer/musician friend Michel Lejeune, currently of Toronto, who plans on having an entire "Dubious Media" label.  I suggested a fox for a logo so here it is, the first ever Dubious Press logo.  Like other logos, I'm sure it'll evolve over time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment