Saturday, February 23, 2013

Revolutionary Ideas Part 18 - "Sustainable Income Property"


Yes! three posts today.  This post is in direct reference to Part 16 - "Up with small businesses".  In this post I ponder if HGTV Canada's own Scott McGillivray would consider doing a special episode called benevolent income property.  I since changed the word 'benevolent' to 'sustainable' because I'm not actually a big believer in charity per se; I'm more of a 'teach a person to fish' type person.

So, and I'm not going to tweet at him again today because I don't want him thinking I'm some creepy weirdo stalker type, so I'll give it a week, but how about a new HGTV show!  I thought about offering to co-host but the truth is I don't really like leaving my property.  So I propose that Scott McGillivray and David Suzuki would co-host this awesome new show I just thought up.  Sustainable Income Property.  Income Property has already been expanded to a longer show where Scott takes people shopping for a  home to fix up into one or more rental suites.  What if, in "Sustainable Income Property" Scott and David Suzuki help match a team of eco-investors to a project that has the capability of creating sustainable homes and/or lifestyles for Canadians, while providing a pretty darn good place to park some cash.  This would be the first television series in the field of Human Conservation Biology which I just invented in my last post.  The show would illustrate my belief that you can make a decent profit at real estate investing, and help other humans at the same time.

So I'm working on this super top secret building proposal, maybe not so secret now that I'm hinting about it on the internet, but whatever.  anyways.  If David and Scott and HGTV are interested, I wouldn't mind at all if this would be filmed as the series pilot.  In the pilot, a team of 5 - 10 investors/joint venture partners would pool resources to build a building that cash flows, while providing habitat for humans who own small businesses, a mixed use commercial/residential building.  One big commercial space, and 2 residential spaces tailored to 'work from home' types.  Scott could design the floorplans of the building, while David narrates the whole scenario, a la "Nature of Things" and discusses the Human Conservation Biology implications of reducing human travel and creating healthy, sustainable, energy efficient workspaces.   Where we're building a place from scratch, I wouldn't mind getting Mike Holmes in there for a guest spot.  Where we're talking about sustainable finance, using a peer to peer model of investment, I wouldn't mind getting Kevin O'Leary to give the project numbers a once-over and maybe explain to the join venture partners how they could set up their own sustainable Real Estate Investment Trust.  

Anyways.  Something to think about!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment