Friday, October 18, 2013

Glazed Spirit Animals and a Crow

In my new effort to be better about documenting my work, here are some shots of the animals that came out of my glaze kiln on Wednesday, lol, with glazed stained pages of the Lighthouse Log as background... at least I'm taking photos now I guess!  I've decided to also post the retail prices of my pieces along with the pics; partly for my own records, and mostly because I find when I look at other people's craft on line I'm always so curious about pricing.

I'm glad I decided not to paint coloured eyes on these.  They all hang on the wall and are part of "Spectre" the 3rd annual group halloween show at Swoon

"Spirit Animal"  - large bear - $125

"Spirit Animal" - small bear - $50

"Spirit Animal" - white buffalo - $125

"Spirit Animal"- white stag - $125

"Spirit Animal" - owl - $85


I also took 27 (? I think) flying, wall hanging crows to Swoon, including this one below which I had to refire with more glaze.  The crows range from $25 - $125, this is a $75 one, and is one of my favourites!









I'm pretty happy with how my pheasant turned out.  I glazed it using concepts underglaze on greenware for the colours, and to get the striping on the feathers.  After it was bisqued I used Raw Sienna from mastering Cone 6 glazes, with a splash of Randy's Red Gold on its belly.  It hangs on the wall and is $150.




Finally, the next pic is my new favourite ornament ever, by super awesome ceramic artist/potter France Arruda! She's made all these great skulls with different coloured designs on them; each one is unique so it was so hard to choose!  I picked it up at Dragonfire Pottery along with some ornament hooks to try.



No comments:

Post a Comment