Sunday, July 27, 2014

This Week's Favourite Things! July 21 - July 27th, 2014

1. Rembetika Hipsters  cd "Kafeneion".  My friend plays percussion for this Greek music band in Calgary and I've been listening to the cd all week, it's all Greek to me but the music is awesome.

2.  The Port Grocer  - an a really cool shop/cafe/venue in Port Medway run by a group of very clever community oriented people.

3. The Mayhemingways - great musical duo that performed this past week at the Port Grocer

4.  Bronies and so many youtube videos about Bronies - there are many!   My first My Little Lobster "Ivany Sunshine" is coming along, there will be a lobster dedicated post and a new page soon going up on this blog.  In googling more about My Little Ponies I stumbled across all this information about Bronies - adult fans of the new My Little Pony cartoon.  I think it's fantastic that there's this creative community evolving via the internet, and that they even gather for conventions and make costumes and props.  I'd never heard of them before I got the My Little Lobster idea.










No comments:

Post a Comment