Tuesday, August 5, 2014

This Week's Favourite Things! July 28th - August 3rd, 2014

1.  The Annual Nova Scotia Folk Art Festival.  Wow.  Why had I never been to this event?  It is great! I had no idea how popular it was, people fly in from all over and start lining up at 8am for the 1 day event in Lunenburg that starts at noon.  Here's hoping that the festival committee agree with the drawing and painting professor at University Regina who called me a folk artist (I don't think she meant it as a compliment) and I can have a table next year, for my papier mache items at least. 

"Chicken Family"


2.   The Music of the award-winning Erin Costelo.  Saw a beautiful concert by her this past Friday at the Petite RiviereVineyards and picked up her latest cd, East Coast Music Awards R&B soul recording of the year, "We Can Get Over" it is great! Here's a cool collaborative video of one of the songs:



3. Fish and Chips from "The Fish Shack" in Lunenburg.  Not every day you get served fish and chips cooked up in the kitchen of a fine-dining chef.  Delicious!

4.  The song "Tain't whatcha do" which I learned is popular background music for "Shim Sham" so I had to look up shim sham:




5.  this Google Talk by Marianne Williamson, "Creativity, Leadership and Divine Compensation"



6.This whole series of videos from a talk on "Manifesting What You Want" channeled from the Pleiadians by Barbara Marciniak






No comments:

Post a Comment