Monday, October 20, 2014

This Week's Favourite Things! October 13th - October 19th, 2014

1.  Argyle Fine Art.  Yes. I've been eating crow all weekend.  Look, here I am on the internet letting the lovely owner of this business know (again, but publicly) that I am truly sorry for some conclusions I jumped to, for believing statements without fact-checking them, and for some actions I took.  I am sincerely grateful for her selling and promoting my work when I first moved to Halifax, and sincerely thankful my apology has been accepted.

Over the past few years I've become painfully aware of the difficulties of running a private art space and I think this business owner does a terrific job and is really a caring person.  The fact that she'd even have kind words for me after what I did speaks volumes to her character.  Everyone should go buy something from there.  Support local art.  Kudos to you, Argyle owner, your assistant and your artists.

2.  This quote:  "The best way of proving you have a mind, is to change it".  I read this on a friend's facebook account once but have no idea who was being quoted.  Maybe my friend made it up.  Love it though.

3.  My latest Life Lesson.

I'm up to Life Lesson #3 I think.

It's a good one, I hope all parents out there are teaching it to their kids. 

It is:  Be aware that there are people out there who will lie to you, and manipulate you to get whatever it is they want from you.

I'm a brutally honest person so I made the error of assuming everyone is just like me and tells the truth all the time.  

Plus my work/education background is in conservation biology, a field that, lucky for me, attracts really lovely people who care about community and ecology, and all living things.  So, ya, took me awhile to learn this lesson.  I think I get it now though.  Thank you, oh givers of this life lesson.

4.  Animal Farm!  The book and the cartoon!





5.  This public lecture titled "Who Are You?" by Dr. Deepak Chopra, 1993.  It is about how we're all connected.  We are! Even the ones who pretend we aren't! 

6.  This awesome video that is helping inspire me to cut back on the factory farmed animal products.  Thanks again, NS Turkey Board for inspiring my research into the world of agri-business.









No comments:

Post a Comment