Saturday, February 28, 2015

This Week's Favourite Things Monday February 16th - Sunday February 22nd

1.  The movie "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" which is on Canadian Netflix.  It's from 1988 but I'd never seen it before, it's great!  Could be an entertaining watch for anyone who has ever felt like a soft-hearted sucker and/or who has had a run-in with a con artist.

2. This John Bergman lecture about weight loss via reprogramming your metabolism.  Whether it's accurate or not I'm not sure, but the bit I like about it is the most is where he's talking about the body not knowing what to do with the toxic chemicals we ingest that may not actually be 'food'.

3.  The above lecture led to a big discussion over whether our industrial agriculture system full of toxic "food" could actually be some sort of nefarious eugenics plot and reminded me of this video: The Story of your Enslavement which is dark but interesting

4.  The Rolling Stones Song Sympathy for the Devil, especially the lyric "I shouted out who killed the Kennedys when after all it was you and me".  Which got me thinking a lot about good/evil and personal responsibility, one of my favourite things to think about.

5.  On a lighter note this Inner Engineering video "What is Love", which I saw weeks ago but think I forgot to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment