Sunday, March 23, 2014

This Week's Favourite Things! March 17th - March 23rd 2014

Been a busy week so no writing for me lately other than keeping up with this list!

1. This video, Jumping Jive by Cab Calloway with dancing by the Nicholas Brothers.  I first saw this years ago but was thinking this week how great it is:




2.  Old fashioned Vining Petunia seeds by Annapolis Seeds, and the tour we got when we went to pick up our seed order this past Friday.  In particular their greenhouse is pretty awesome. I'll be writing a post soon with a couple pics I took.  I tried their Petunia Seeds last year and was pretty thrilled with how many giant petunia plants I ended up with, to put all over the garden and in containers on our porch.

3. The paintings of Mark Grantham.  Mark is at the Halifax seaport Market on Saturdays upstairs selling cards, prints and mini paintings.  He is very cool!   I'm on break from art making but it has occurred to me that it makes a lot of sense to talk to 'successful' artists if one is curious about how to make a living as an artist.  He's getting ready for his upcoming show at Studio 21 on May 9th, reception 5pm - 7pm.  I love Mark's twitter feed, @MarkInHalifax, and think it's lovely that he posts pics of his work there.

4.  The Angel Therapy Handbook by Doreen Virtue


I just started reading this and am very excited! At first I was apprehensive about the whole 'angel' sensation but I really enjoy Doreen's youtube videos, twitter feed (@DoreenVirtue444) and facebook page.  This book is great and where I've had some psychic ability since a young age, it's making me feel more gifted than crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment