Sunday, April 27, 2014

This Week's Favourite Things! April 21 - 27th, 2014

 1. The music of Don Ross, fingerstyle guitar virtuoso, which I felt lucky to see at the Boscawen Inn in Lunenburg this week.  The Inn is a nice venue too.

2. Sculpture.  Taking my sculptures outside for photo shoots has made me feel smitten with sculpting again, though I'm still glad for the break especially since I still have tendonitis. I've realized that sculptures can't be illegally copied or downloaded, making it an art form that's rather impervious to piracy.  Hmm.

3.  Happy Sushi, awesome all-you-can-eat Sushi Restaurant on Lacewood Drive, Clayton Park area of Halifax.  We eat here lots, the lower mainland of BC is full of this type of restaurant so it's so nice to have this one in Halifax.  Everything is always tasty and fresh, and the service is great.

4. "Mad About the Boy" by Helen Fielding, Just about done reading this 3rd sequel to "Bridget Jones Diary.  I read so many scathing reviews of  this book by hostile English ladies that I decided I couldn't wait for the paperback version to come out.  It was a good, entertaining entertaining read IMO and as a big fan of the first two books I was pleased Ms. Fielding wrote a third.  Must be intimidating to try to follow up something that was a such a smash hit... which reminds me of 

5.  Effortless Mastery by Kenny Werner  This book was written for musicians but I think is good reading for any creatives, I read it years ago but will again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment