Tuesday, April 8, 2014

This Week's Favourite Things! March 31st to April 6th, 2014

Well I'm a couple days late posting this but here are my favourite things from last week:

1. Anything and everything from Chocolate Love.  If you're looking for raw, vegan chocolate check these folks out for wholesale ingredients: cacoa powder, paste, nibs and more, available via their online store.

2. The Big Short by Michael Lewis.  I'm not done reading this yet but so far its a bit shocking to read about how Wall Street works and how the financial crisis was orchestrated.  It's a really good, albeit scary read



3.  For a good read on the opposite spectrum of human potential, I'm just about done "You Can Heal Your Life" by Louise Hay.  It's really nice book about the connection between our internal and external worlds, and probably exactly what I needed to be reading this week!

4. Halikids.  This is a kid's toy shop in downtown Halifax, NS. I recently bought a gift here and have since been blown away at how excellent the customer service was; plus I was pleasantly surprised that they had a nice assortment of locally made gift ideas for babies.  The guy minding the shop was super keen and helpful and even carefully gift-wrapped my purchase in very stylish paper that the eco-friendly recipients will re-use for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment