Thursday, September 25, 2014

New Papier Mache Art

Look, Look! I made 3 new pieces of papier mache art this month:

The first piece was this Rainbow Triceratops which was a commission for an old friend inspired by a very early piece I made in 1993, back when I was making big papier mache animals while doing my biology undergrad.

 




Next was a seagull and beaver that I finished up to take down to Jenny Jib today along with a bunch of figurines and other pieces from my available art page.  I don't give my creatures name tags anymore, but I nicknamed these ones "Steven Seagall and Justin Beaver".  Here are a few pics from a quick photo shoot at the Lunenburg waterfront before heading to the store.

Checking out the Bluenose II, the iconic sailboat found on the Canadian dime




Here is Steven at Jenny Jib peckishly checking out the lovely Fish Shack painting by Evgenia Makogon

 


No comments:

Post a Comment