Monday, September 24, 2012

Look at all the stuff I'm making!

Prep continues for the Hope For Wildlife Art Fest / Fundraiser Sept 29th.

I love the "greenware" stage of making clay art; watching as the clay dries to the bone dry stage and carving away the last few bits of clay as it does.  

Here are some shots of all the stuff I'm working on.  Of course everything is down to the wire in terms of drying so hopefully this all makes it to the sale.  If not I have a carload of older stock that I'm bringing, with the hope of clearing it out at sale prices.  Some of  new work and similar will be available at Swoon of course now that I'm back to making stuff all the time.... um.. provided my first firing out here goes well that is!

There are also a few new papier mache pieces I'm hoping to get finished before Saturday! More about those later!

Owl pencil holders.  From now on I plan to make fewer things but put more time into the things I make.  Sculpting/carving is my very favourite part of the process, so this makes sense to me!

Flock of 5 sheep

the beginning of my first nativity scene ever!  This will be for the "one of a kind Christmas Ornament Show/Sale" at Swoon.  Here we have Mary with her goat, chicken and puppy.  I tried a baby Jesus but he looks like a bear cub, so I'll try again...

Tree stump utensil holder

Dragon Bowl, perfect for Cream of Dragon Soup!

Fox Bowl and 2 Fox Mugs

Crow bowl, crow mug, vulture pencil holder and a fox ornament

Beaver bowl and Wolf bowl having a conversation

Deer bowl

view of everyone getting their feet slip-painted

There's a pile more stuff than what I highlighted, so a couple shots of my studio: more bowls, figurines and ornaments, crows, etc.  I think I have a kiln-full now!


No comments:

Post a Comment