Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Missing Sheep! Perhaps Found??

So I arrived at Swoon on Sunday (Sept 2) all excited to finish off the sheep, and confused to see there were only 2 of the 3 on the lawn! So I called Brandt to see if maybe he put it some place, though I can't imagine where it would fit.  Nope.  It was taken....

Reminds me of a nursery rhyme...


 

Little Bo-Peep has lost her sheep,
And can't tell where to find them;
Leave them alone, And they'll come home,
Wagging their tails behind them.

Anyways I don't even want to speculate on who did this, I'd just like to think positively that the pranksters will return the sheep and alpaca! some night.  I was so distraught about the sheep on Sunday that I didn't even notice that a large papier mache alpaca I had made was also taken from the lawn!  

 

I'm just grateful that the lifted sheep was the one that no kids helped me with, it's nice that that happy kid energy is still on the remaining 2 sheep.  The missing one is mostly chicken wire and is probably the one in between Sharon Fiske's hands in this pic.










 LOL hooray! just as I was creating this post, seriously, just now, Brandt just called from Swoon (at 12:44) to say the sheep may have been found! He sounded busy and couldn't give details but said it might be in poor shape. That's fine! I don't need to know where it went, I can fix it!! way better than starting from scratch!

Colleen Cosgrove wrote this great article about the missing sheep in today's Herald, to help spread the word:
Sculptor Hopes Missing Sheep Comes Back

I tweeted at Thingumajig Theatre in England (Puppet makers/performers/friends Andy and Kathy Kim) who cheered me up by replying: "If imitation is a form of flattery, then outright theft must be a rave review!"

Finally the whole thing reminded me of a Kids in the Hall Sketch I saw years ago..."Open letter to the person who stole my bike wheel"


  Which is actually a bit harsh... but then I found my all-time favourite KITH sketch! "French Fur Trappers"



Anyhow if I were to write and Open Letter to the person/people who took my sheep and alpaca, I'd say hey, thanks that's flattering but if you like them so much just look me up and I'd be very happy to show you how to make your own sheep and alpaca!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment