Monday, September 17, 2012

Studio update! Hope For Wildlife Sale Prep!

Here's the 3rd of 3 blog posts I've posted today, will try and spread these out more in the future but it's been a busy week!

So I've actually been productive in my studio, excited about the upcoming Hope For Wildlife Art show and sale, Sept 29th in Cole Harbour.  I'm tickled that an owl vase of mine made it on to the poster.  I've decided to use this event as a good excuse to sell off some older stock at discount prices, as well as to showcase some new work.

I've come up with a few new animal bowls to try out: skunk, beaver, deer, ox, as well as some new figurines and ornaments.  I hope to also get a few new papier mache pieces done.  The awesome thing is that anything I don't finish for the sale I can take to Swoon.

This is my first time being in a formal sale!  I'm looking foward to it! (there are some pics from my studio after the poster).


Here are some pics with work in progress: 

I took this pic trying to capture my view of the sunflowers outside, didn't quite work out.  To the right is a skunk bowl and a new angel figurine I've decided to start making for Christmas, I got the idea from my friends the Makogons.  The other vessels have been thrown recently, waiting to be altered.


View from the couch in my studio, out one of the windows.  So bright after getting used to working in a basement! I love it!!!


Three of the five flying crows I've made, all carved up.



 My shelves are filling with animal figurines, ornaments and animal bowls.  Soon I'll start painting them with commercial glazes and slips, before their first firing.  Right now I'm working in Cone 6 stoneware (Tuckers Mid Smooth Stone).  It's pretty much all clay that I've recycled from my scrap buckets from two years of having a studio in my Halifax basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment